Authentic African Mud Cloth Textile 102 x 63 inches | YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE
I have left this piece untouched. You are welcome to message me if you would like me to customize a unique bed cover or throw pillows for you. Or if you wish to make something yourself you can buy it as it is.
These striking West African Mud Cloth pieces are traditionally made from fermented mud and originate from the ethnic groups of Mali in Western Africa.
The cloths are also known as Bògòlanfini or Bogolan.
They were often worn by warriors as a form of camouflage. Women also were these fine hand crafted textiles.
The symbolic motives painted onto the hand spun cotton strips depict stories of every day life, culture, African proverbs and can indicate wealth and status.
These traditional African organic textiles are firstly made with strips of hand woven locally grown cotton- 100% organic cotton.
The strips are naturally dyed with mud, often river mud which is fermented with maize and soaked in the sun. After they are soaked in the sun they may be dyed again depending on the depth of color desired.
After the natural dyeing process the individual strips are then hand stitched together.
Geometric and abstract motives are painted onto the cloth which is then soaked in the sun again before the residue is washed off.
These pieces can take weeks to create and no two pieces are the same. How gorgeous!!
Color descriptions- Black and beige, cream, ochre, terracotta, rust, saffron, chocolate, brown.
- Size- W260 x 160cm / 102" x 63"
- Dry clean or gently cold water wash to preserve the fabric.
- PLEASE NOTE- this piece is 100% handmade so please forgive any perfect imperfections which celebrate the charm of these incredible textiles!
- The colour may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the colour and lighting as accurately as possible.
💚 CUSTOMISATION AVAILABLE!!
- I have a huge selection of unique textiles and I can customize other items for you, cushions, wall hangings, bags etc. in a variety of sizes. Message me and we can chat!!
- ORDER MORE AND CONSOLIDATE FOR CHEAPER SHIPPING!
PM me to discuss shipping fees for your selection.
- This item is shipped with Thai Post recorded delivery, airmail which takes approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
- If you need faster shipping please message me to discuss the additional charges for DHL Express.
- Through my website you can pay by PayPal credit of credit card through Paypal.
- If you wish to pay by CREDIT CARD you will find this item in my ETSY SHOP www.etsy.com/shop/CasaKarima (prices may vary depending on Etsy's exchange rate and listing fees)
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
- Cash and collection is available from my store in Pai, Thailand.
FB and IG- @casakarima
Feel from to message me with any questions.
All designs and images are the property of Casa Karima Ltd©
african boho bedding
african bed cover
mudcloth bed cover
african mud textile
west africa textile
african tribal bed
animal print bed
boho home decor
home sweet home
my boho abode
handmade with love
handmade home decor
shop the world