I just love this hemp vintage skirt is! It's such a unique piece from the Hmong hill tribe.
The skirt is made with organic hand spun and hand woven hemp which has a beautiful raw but soft texture. The hemp has been painted with wax batik and dyed with indigo to achieve this beautiful and natural colour.
The fabric is also embellished with hand embroidered applique cotton patterns. Adorable!!
So much work and creativity has gone into creating this incredible piece, from the harvesting of the hemp and extracting the indigo from the leaves of Indigofera plants, to the beautiful batik painting and dying and then the embroidery and hand sewing. It truly is a masterpiece!
THIS PIECE IS VINTAGE not a newly made reproduction so please expect some imperfections. You'll see in the photos the fabric has been patched in some areas. These imperfections are the heart, soul, and history of these old and rare textiles. They are strikingly beautiful just as they are!
- Size - L66cm Waist - 105cm when laid flat - side to side.
- Style- This wrap-around skirt ties with a handmade hemp cord. Depending on your size an underskirt may be required.
- Spot clean or gently hand wash with cold water only.
- Colors may differ slightly depending on display devices/monitors.
- This piece will be shipped FREE via DHL Express and should take 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL which will NOT be included in the FREE SHIPPING (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia, etc.). If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead.
If you would like to double-check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
- Through my website, you can pay by PayPal which will also give you the option to pay by credit card through Paypal.
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
- Cash and collection is available from my store in Pai, Thailand- Casa Karima
★ CUSTOMIZATION IS AVAILABLE - Please PM me if you would like me to custom create something especially for you using these unique textiles.
FB and IG- @casakarima