Camellia Two Piece Vintage Hmong Hemp Pleated Skirt and Top
This beautiful vintage two piece outfit is made with traditional Hmong hill tribes textiles from the mountainous regions of Southern China and Northern Vietnam.
Within the amazing patchwork of textiles you'll find waxed batik, organic indigo dyed cotton and embroidered hand spun and hand woven hemp.
So much work and creativity has gone into creating these incredible pieces. From the harvesting of the hemp and extracting the indigo from the leaves of Indigofera plants, to the beautiful batik painting and dying and then the applique embroidery and hand sewing.
This is a vintage piece that has been adapted.
Rather than the traditional open wrap style the skirt has been joined together so it is lifted onto the body and tied at the waist.
A traditional Hmong embroidered belt strap sits in the middle hiding the seem panel.
The indigo textile base trim has been added- likely replacing a badly damaged trim on the vintage skirt.
Length 24" (60cm)
Waist - 17" (43cm) side to side when laid flat.
TO BUY THE SKIRT ONLY PLEASE PM ME.
This is a newly made piece made with vintage Hmong fabric including natural indigo dyed hemp and cotton embellished with applique designs and cross stitched embroidery panels.
-Length- top of shoulder to bottom 17"
-Chest below armpits 20"
All measured side to side when laid flat.
These textiles are the real deal, not a newly made reproductions so please expect some imperfections.
These imperfections are the heart, soul and history of these old and rare textiles. They are strikingly beautiful just as they are!
💙 CUSTOMISATION IS AVAILABLE - Please PM me if you would like me to custom create something especially for you using these unique textiles.
- ORDER MORE AND CONSOLIDATE FOR CHEAPER SHIPPING!
PM me to discuss shipping fees for your selection.
- This piece will be shipped via DHL Express and should take 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia etc.). If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead.
If you would like to double check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
- Through my website you can pay by PayPal credit of credit card through Paypal.
- If you wish to pay by CREDIT CARD you will find this listing on my Etsy store- www.etsy.com/shop/CasaKarima
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
- Cash and collection is available from my store in Pai, Thailand.
FB and IG- @casakarima
Feel from to message me with any questions.