This vintage textile from northern India is a show stopper, an absolute textile treasure!!
It has aged so beautifully and is in great condition. The fabric is unbelievably soft and I just love the color palette of rich golden orange and the light forest green.
This Banjara art work was hand crafted by women of the Indian gypsy tribes from the area around Rajasthan, using hand embroidery techniques passed through generations of these creatively gifted nomadic people.
The colors are all natural dyes and may have originally been more vibrant but as they have muted over the years they have become even more beautiful.
Sewn into the piece are many genuine shish mirror which catch the light and make this stunning textile art shimmer... it is absolutely dazzling!!
This piece had an ugly faded purple cotton back side. I guess the back doesn't matter to some but I like my pieces to be finished with careful consideration to the small details so I have carefully replaced the back with a light muslin fabric.
I've added a complimenting green trim and rust orange cotton pole tabs to make it easier to hang as a work of art.
I have pre washed this piece before sewing. The color run is very minimal however I would still suggest dry cleaning or very gently hand washing with cold salt water.
This eye catching whimsical wall art will be a great home accessory in a bohemian home interior.
- Size- Wtbc x Htbc cm = W" x H"
- This listing is for the WALL HANGING ONLY- POLE NOT INCLUDED
- This piece is a genuine vintage, hand crafted and aged so please expect some perfect imperfections!
- This piece is embellished with genuine shisha mirrors, a few are missing or imperfect 'reflective' of the handmade quality of this beautiful piece.
- Dry clean or cold water wash only
- The color may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the color and lighting as accurately as possible.
- Colors include- moss green, apricot, rust, burgundy.
- This piece will be shipped FREE via DHL Express and should take 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL which will NOT be included in the FREE SHIPPING (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia etc.). If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead.
If you would like to double check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
- Through my website you can pay by PayPal which will also give you the option to pay by credit card through Paypal.
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
- Cash and collection is available from my store in Pai, Thailand- Casa Karima
★ CUSTOMIZATION IS AVAILABLE - Please PM me if you would like me to custom create something especially for you using these unique textiles.
FB and IG- @casakarima