I’ve made this unique long lumbar pillow with a combination of a vintage handwoven wool from a Peruvian Frazada (Frazada meaning blanket), plant-dyed hemp from the Hmong ethnic group of Northern Thailand, and an African woven trim with a diamond pattern. What a beautiful combination these textiles are all together.
These Andean wool pieces are 100% organic and lovingly made with wool sheared from happy, free-roaming mountain sheep.
The wool is handspun, hand-dyed with natural dyes and then hand-woven on a backstrap loom. These artisan techniques are passed down through generations and require both patience and skill. The process of making one piece can take around 3 months.
Traditionally these blankets were used in rural villages in the Andes mountains as bed covers, floor covering or decorative wall insulation.
The wool is thick and durable, not rough and coarse like similar Kilim pillows. It is slightly soft and comfortable to relax on.
The hemp which I have used on the outer sides and back is 100% naturally produced; handspun, handwoven and dyed with extracts from plants/trees.
This textured pillow will look great either grouped with other throw pillows on a sofa or day bed as scatter cushions or to simply add a pop of texture and color onto a bed or accent chair.
Designed and handmade by Casa Karima.
When buying a Casa Karima creation you're buying something truly unique. Each piece is one of a kind; made with love and made to last!
- Size- H30 x W60cm / 12" x 24"
- This listing is for the COVER ONLY
- Hidden zip at the base
- Gently wash by hand with cold water or dry clean only
- The color may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the color and lighting as accurately as possible.
★ CUSTOMIZATION AVAILABLE!!
- I have many great fabrics and can customize other items for you, cushions, wall hangings, bags etc. in a variety of sizes. Message me and we can chat!!
- This item is shipped for FREE with Thai Post recorded delivery, airmail which takes approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
UPGRADE TO DHL FOR JUST US$25
Express takes 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- UPGRADE RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia etc.). If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead.
If you would like to double check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
- Through my website you can pay by PayPal which will also give you the option to pay by credit card through Paypal.
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
- Cash and collection is available from my store in Pai, Thailand- Casa Karima
FB and IG- @casakarima
Feel from to message me with any questions.