RARE Vintage Indian Wedding Textile | Embroidered Hindu God Wall Hanging | Gujarati Banjara Folk Art Ganesh Tapestry
I have revamped this stunning vintage Indian embroidered textile by adding pole tabs so it can be hung and appreciated for the artwork that it is.
This amazing vintage textile would have originally been created as an Indian wedding textile for decoration in a wedding canopy or tent in the Gujarat region of Indian.
The handmade piece features colorful hand-embroidered depictions of Hindu gods, florals, regal peacocks, and swastikas- the ancient Hindu symbol of prosperity and luck.
The pole tabs are a luscious cream-colored, soft-touch blended hemp cotton. I have added a forest green trim with wooden buttons as a decorative element and trimmed the base with an adorable handcrafted stone and glass beaded trim from my trims collection from India.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC VINTAGE WITH VISIBLE SIGNS OF AGE AND USE.
You will find some marks and stains, small holes in the bottom corner where it has been pinned. These imperfections just add to this treasure's charm.
Vintage textile from the 1970s
- Size- W28" x H34" including the tassels which are 2" long
- Materials: Cotton, Hemp, Hand Embroidery, Stone Beads, Glass Beads
- Dry clean only- the colored threads may run.
- The color may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the color and lighting as accurately as possible.
- This item is shipped for FREE with Thai Post recorded delivery airmail.
Allow approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
UPGRADE TO DHL FOR JUST US$30
Express takes 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- UPGRADE RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia, etc.). If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead.
If you would like to double-check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.