RARE Authentic Vintage Rabari Wedding Dowry Bag | Gujarati Banjara Purse | Unique Wedding Gift
This one-of-a-kind dazzling bohemian style bag is a vintage treasure circa 1960's/70's.
It was handcrafted by women of the ethnic Rabari tribe, a nomadic group living mainly in the semi-desert Kutch parts of Gujarat and Rajasthan, Northwest India.
This bag would have been created to be used as a way to collect valuable wedding gifts such as jewelry and fine embroideries. This is a beautiful aspect of the tribe's customs.
These vibrant wedding textiles are examples of the amazing artisan skills of the Rabari tribal women. They showcase the finest hand stitching using cotton and metallic threads. There is extra embellishment with genuine shisha mirrors as shimmering decoration.
This pouch is absolutely divine in its warm rich copper and golden colors, and lush handmade textures.
Please note this bag is an authentic vintage textile, there may be some handmade/age imperfections. These do not distract from the beauty of this stunning rare piece.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE THE ORIGINAL THIN STRAP IS NOT IN PERFECT CONDITION.
If you would like this replaced with a leather or fabric strap please message me to discuss the customization.
- Size- W x Hcm " x " TBC tomorrow :-)
- The color may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the color and lighting as accurately as possible.
- This item is shipped for FREE with Thai Post recorded delivery, airmail which takes approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
UPGRADE TO DHL FOR JUST US$12
Express takes 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- UPGRADE RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia etc.). If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead.
If you would like to double-check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
- Through my website, you can pay by PayPal which will also give you the option to pay by credit card through Paypal.
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
- Cash and collection is available from my store in Pai, Thailand- Casa Karima
★ CUSTOMIZATION AVAILABLE!!- I have many great fabrics and can customize other items for you, cushions, wall hangings, bags etc. in a variety of sizes. Message me and we can chat!!
FB and IG- @casakarima