3.5 Yard Roll RARE Silk Embroidered Vintage Hmong Fabric | Organic Hemp
I recently unlocked a treasure chest full of the most incredible, rare, vintage Hmong textiles including this exquisite roll of Hmong organic Indigo dyed silk embroidered hemp.
These panels are created with extremely laborious traditional techniques and artisan skills that are almost forgotten arts.
Firstly the organic hemp fabric is created from the harvested hemp plant. Through a series of steps, the fibers are gathered then hand spun and handwoven.
The indigo is extracted from the leaves of Indigofera plants to make the indigo powder.
The hemp is dipped into the organic indigo which is mixed with very cold water which helps the indigo color fix deeply into the hemp fibers. This is repeated multiple times to achieve the desired shade of blue.
Traditionally the elder woman from the Hmong ethnic groups from the mountains of Northern Vietnam hand embroidered these beautiful patterns with hand spun silk.
Eventually after all these steps and several weeks of preparation these amazing works of art are created and traditionally used for clothing.
The Hmong believe that when they die they must be buried in 100% organic hemp, cotton, or silk so that they are returned naturally to the soil and to the earth.
- Size - L3.2mts x W0.20mts / L3.5 yards
- Sold as one full piece
- Please note the embroidery pattern is not consistent along the length of the roll. See photos for reference
- Please expect some imperfections. These imperfections are the heart, soul, and history of these old and rare textiles. They are strikingly beautiful just as they are!
- Spot clean or gently hand wash with very cold water only. The indigo color may bleed
- Colors may differ slightly depending on display devices/monitors.
- This item is shipped for FREE with Thai Post recorded delivery, airmail which takes approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
UPGRADE TO DHL FOR JUST US$12
Express takes 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- UPGRADE RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia, etc.).
If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead. If you would like to double-check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
- Through my website, you can pay by PayPal which will also give you the option to pay by credit card through Paypal.
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
★ CUSTOMIZATION AVAILABLE!!- I have many great fabrics and can customize other items for you, cushions, wall hangings, bags, etc. in a variety of sizes.
Message me and we can chat!!
FB and IG- @casakarima
Feel from to message me with any questions.
$150.00 Regular Price