Vintage Kutch Rabari Embroidered Pillow 20 x20" Rust
I've made this one of a kind bohemian throw pillow with a dazzling vintage Kutch Rabari embroidered textile.
It is becoming more difficult to find these stunning vintage textiles in good condition these days; they are highly sought after collectables and very unique.
This piece has been hand crafted by women of the ethnic Rabari tribe, a nomadic group living mainly in the semi-desert Kutch parts of Gujarat and Rajasthan, Northwest India.
It is said that these pieces were created to be given as wedding dowry as part of the tribes customs. They were specifically used to decorate the bridal bedroom on the first night of the couples marriage.
These vibrant cushions are the perfect home accessory in a bohemian home interior, either mixed in with other color and textures on a sofa or day bed or as an eye catching accent in a modern interior on a bed or arm chair.
The mirrors are genuine made with metal and add another very special pop of gorgeousness.
I've chosen a lush hand loomed cotton to frame the embroidery and to back the pillow. This rich rust orange cotton is from the Isan region of Northeastern Thailand bordering with Laos on the Mekong River.
I just love combining the textile treasure I find from different corners of the globe. The results always make for the most interesting talking points when creating eclectic interior spaces.
I have a small collection of Rabari art and have made some pieces into cushions and wall hangings. You can see some originals and some repurposed pieces in my shop.
💛 CUSTOMISATION IS AVAILABLE- you can PM me to discuss.
- Size- W50 x H50cm 20" x 20"
- This listing is for the CUSHION COVER ONLY
- Hidden zip at the base
- Dry clean or very gently cold water wash taking care not to catch the embroidery or damage the mirrors.
- The color may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the color and lighting as accurately as possible.
- Colors include- saffron / rust / burnt orange, maroon / burgundy / brown, lime and forest green, lilac, purple, magenta.
- ORDER MORE AND CONSOLIDATE FOR CHEAPER SHIPPING!
PM me to discuss shipping fees for your selection.
- This item is shipped with Thai Post recorded delivery, airmail which takes approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
- If you need faster shipping please message me to discuss the additional charges for DHL Express.
- Through my website you can pay by PayPal credit of credit card through Paypal.
- If you wish to pay by CREDIT CARD you will find this item in my ETSY SHOP www.etsy.com/shop/CasaKarima (prices may vary depending on Etsy's exchange rate and listing fees). Listing- Vintage Kutch Rabari Pillow 20 x 20" | Rajasthani Vintage Kutch Banjara Embroidered Mirror Textile Cushion
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
- Cash and collection is available from my store in Pai, Thailand.
FB and IG- @casakarima
Feel from to message me with any questions.
All designs and images are the property of Casa Karima Ltd©
indian boho pillow
indian boho decor