Vintage Kutch Rabari Lumbar Pillow 20 x 20" | Gujarati Banjara Indian Wedding Textile Cushion | Tribal Bohemian Lumbar | Unique Wedding Gift
I've made this one-of-a-kind bohemian throw pillow with a dazzling vintage Kutch embroidered textile.
It is becoming more difficult to find these stunning vintage textiles in good condition these days; they are highly sought-after collectible textiles and very unique.
This piece has been handcrafted by women of the ethnic Rabari tribe, a nomadic group living mainly in the semi-desert Kutch parts of Gujarat and Rajasthan, Northwest India.
It is said that these pieces were created to be given as wedding dowry as part of the tribe's customs. They were specifically used to decorate the bridal bedroom on the first night of the couple's marriage.
What a perfect and thoughtful wedding gift for a unique couple.
These vibrant wedding textile cushions make for colorful home accessories in a bohemian home interior, either mixed in with other colors and textures on a sofa or day bed or as an eye-catching accent in a modern interior on a bed or lounge chair.
The mirrors are genuine, made with metal, and add another very special pop of gorgeousness.
Please note these pieces are authentic vintage arts, there may be some damage to the mirrors, loose threads, and other handmade imperfections. These do not distract from the beauty of these stunning textile arts.
I've chosen a beautiful saffron-colored cotton to frame the embroidery and to back the pillow.
Designed and made by Casa Karima.
- Size- W50 x H50cm 20" x 20"
- This listing is for the CUSHION COVER ONLY
- Hidden zip at the base
- Dry clean or very gently cold water wash taking care not to catch the embroidery or damage the mirrors.
- The color may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the color and lighting as accurately as possible.
- Colors include- saffron/rust / burnt orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and fuchsia pink.
- This item is shipped for FREE with Thai Post recorded delivery, airmail which takes approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
UPGRADE TO DHL FOR JUST US$25
Express takes 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- UPGRADE RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia, etc.). If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead.
If you would like to double-check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
- Through my website, you can pay by PayPal which will also give you the option to pay by credit card through Paypal.
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
- Cash and collection is available from my store in Pai, Thailand- Casa Karima
★ CUSTOMIZATION AVAILABLE!!- I have many great fabrics and can customize other items for you including cushions, wall hangings, bags etc. in a variety of sizes. Message me and we can chat!!
FB and IG- @casakarima
Feel from to message me with any questions.