These long lumbar pillow covers are made with an exquisite vintage handmade Suzani is from Samarkand, Uzbekistan, a city known for its rich history as the jewel of the Silk Road, linking the East with the West through trade.
This original Suzani textile is from 1960s-70s and would likely have been made as part of a wedding dowry or as an oversized decorative wall hanging for special occasions and celebrations.
The red background is cotton. The flower motifs are silk; hand-embroidered with traditional Basma stitching, also known as Bukhara couching.
I discovered this piece complete but there was a reasonable sized tear in a central area on one of the two sections. Even if patched carefully it would have been very obvious. So after about 3 months of plucking up the courage, I got my stitch picker and scissors out!
I worked out the pattern carefully to enable me to make one large king-size bed throw and a beautiful set of pillows, all one-of-a-kind.
I LOVE the result!!
Pillows designed and handmade by Casa Karima using vintage textile treasures.
When buying a Casa Karima creation you're buying something truly unique, made with love.
- Size- H30 x W60cm / 12" x 24"
- This listing is for the COVER ONLY
- Hidden zip at the base
- Cold water wash or dry clean only
- The color may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the color and lighting as accurately as possible.
- This item is shipped for FREE with Thai Post recorded delivery, airmail which takes approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
UPGRADE TO DHL FOR JUST US$12
Express takes 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- UPGRADE RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia etc.). If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead.
If you would like to double check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
- Through my website you can pay by PayPal which will also give you the option to pay by credit card through Paypal.
- I can also accept international bank transfers. Contact me for bank details.
- Cash and collection is available from my store in Pai, Thailand- Casa Karima
★ CUSTOMIZATION AVAILABLE!!- I have many great fabrics and can customize other items for you, cushions, wall hangings, bags etc. in a variety of sizes. Message me and we can chat!!
FB and IG- @casakarima
Feel from to message me with any questions.