This beautifully textured pillow cover is made with 100% hand-spun cotton, which has been hand dyed with natural indigo.
These much sought-after textiles originate from the ethnic groups of Mali in Western Africa and are also known as Bògòlanfini or Bogolan.
These traditional African organic textiles are firstly made with strips of hand-woven locally grown cotton- 100% organic.
The strips are naturally dyed and soaked in the sun. After they are soaked in the sun they may be dyed again depending on the depth of color desired.
After the natural dyeing process, the individual strips are then hand-stitched together.
Geometric and abstract motives are painted onto the cloth which is then soaked in the sun again before the residue is washed off.
These pieces can take weeks to create and no two pieces are the same. How gorgeous!!
I've trimmed this pillow with a playful pink pom pom trim and backed it with a navy cotton.
These chic decorative cushions are the perfect home accessory in a bohemian home interior. They can be mixed in with other colors and textures on a sofa or day bed or as an eye catching accent in a simple modern interior placed on a bed or occasional chair.
Designed and handmade by Casa Karima.
When buying a Casa Karima creation you're buying something truly unique. Each piece is one of a kind; made with love.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE AS WITH ALL NATURALLY INDIGO TEXTILES SOME COLOR RUN IS TO BE EXPECTED. THESE PILLOWS ARE NO RECOMMENDED ON A WHITE SOFA OR WHITE BEDDING.
I have pre-washed the Mudcloth and done several saltwater soaks to reduce the color run.
- Size- W50 x 50cm / 20" x 20"
- This listing is for the COVER ONLY
- Hidden zip at the base
- Gently wash by hand with cold water or dry clean only
- The color may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the color and lighting as accurately as possible.
- This item is shipped for FREE with Thai Post recorded delivery, airmail which takes approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
UPGRADE TO DHL FOR JUST US$30.
➤ DHL SHIPPING LINK Express takes 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- UPGRADE RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia, etc.).
If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead. If you would like to double-check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
Feel from to message me with any questions.
top of page
bottom of page