Vintage Kutch Rabari Lumbar Pillow 20 x 20" | Gujarati Banjara Indian Wedding Textile Cushion | Tribal Bohemian Lumbar | Unique Wedding Gift
I've made this one-of-a-kind bohemian throw pillow by using a vintage textile treasure paired with black cotton that makes the detail of the hand-crafted textile really stand out beautifully.
It is becoming more difficult to find these stunning vintage textiles in good condition these days; they are highly sought-after collectible pieces and very unique.
This piece has been hand embroidered by women of the ethnic Rabari tribe; a nomadic group who have lived mainly in the semi-desert Kutch region of Gujarat and Rajasthan, Northwest India.
It is said that these pieces were created to be given as part of the wedding dowry following the tribe's customs.
These Rabari Chakdi wedding textiles were specifically used to decorate the bridal bedroom on the first night of the couple's marriage.
In current times these pillows would make for a thoughtful and unique wedding gift.
I have refined the vintage look to create a small collection of luxurious home decor accents.
These one-of-a-kind decorative pillows can add a vibrant pop of color to a bohemian home interior or be styled as an eye-catching accent in a modern interior.
The mirrors are genuine, handmade, and aged. They add an extra special pop of gorgeousness.
⚠️ Please note these pieces are authentic vintage arts, there may be some damage to the mirrors, loose threads, and other handmade and aged imperfections.
These imperfections do not distract from the beauty of these stunning textile arts.
I've chosen solid black cotton to frame the embroidery and to back the pillow.
Designed and made by Casa Karima.
- Size- W50 x H50cm 20" x 20"
- This listing is for the CUSHION COVER ONLY
- Hidden zip at the base
- Dry clean or very gently cold water wash taking care not to catch the embroidery or damage the mirrors.
- The color may appear to vary on different monitors. I've tried to capture the color and lighting as accurately as possible.
- Colors include- saffron/rust / burnt orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and fuchsia pink.
- This item is shipped for FREE with Thai Post recorded delivery, airmail which takes approx. 2 weeks excluding customs clearance.
UPGRADE TO DHL FOR JUST US$30.
Express takes 4-5 days to reach its destination after pick up, excluding any delays at customs (I have not experienced customs delays with DHL up to now)
- UPGRADE RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE- Shipments to remote locations may incur increased shipping fees from DHL (such as inner regions of Canada, Central Australia, etc.). If so I will inform you before sending and we can discuss whether to go ahead.
If you would like to double-check before ordering just send me a message, thank you.
Feel from to message me with any questions.
top of page
$90.00 Regular Price
bottom of page